While we love the decorations, music and quality time with loved ones that make the holidays such a special time of year, we don’t love the additional waste that’s produced during the holiday season.
Americans throw out 25% more trash between Thanksgiving and the end of the year than they do in the eleven months prior, which adds up to nearly 25 million tons of garbage!
We invite you to do your part by choosing sustainable brands and products for your holiday shopping this year. Here are some of our favorites.
How much waste has your beauty routine produced over the years? Find out with our Beauty Waste Calculator.
The sak offers beautiful, consciously crafted purses and accessories from sustainable sources. They’ve also pledged to use 100% sustainable materials by 2024 to further reduce their environmental impact. The Ivy Drawstring Bucket bag is a must!
Bario Neal creates fine jewelry that’s gender-neutral and size-inclusive. Their conflict-free diamonds are primarily from Canada or Australia, and either recycled or lab-grown. We love the Orla Cluster Opal with Sapphire Pendant in yellow gold, and their gorgeous rose gold X Studs.
Cariuma sneakers are great-looking, high-quality, comfortable, and sustainable. The founders are committed to reforestation, so for each pair of sneakers purchased, two trees are planted in the Brazilian rainforest. We love a classic shoe like The OCA.
Mejuri jewelry is elegant, sophisticated and crafted from traceable and sustainable materials. 80% of their gold is recycled, while the remaining 20% is mined from certified responsible sources. The Sapphire Choker is so good!
For Days offers zero waste fashion through a closed-loop system (and you know we love that!). Check out the Better Beanie and their Quilted Cropped Hoodie.
Reformation is a certified Climate Neutral company that offers everything from hipster workwear to timeless evening wear. All pieces are made from low-impact materials, rescued deadstock fabrics, and repurposed vintage clothing. We’re obsessed with the Liza Ultra High Rise Straight Jeans and the Kata Bucket Boot.
Naadam specializes in environmentally friendly and cruelty-free cashmere for the whole family. Their sustainable cashmere scarf makes the perfect gift.
The Hip Hat is our go-to for classic hats and accessories that are handcrafted in Ecuador using renewable and sustainably sourced materials. Their wool hats are perfect for the cold winter months ahead.
Pangaia clothing and accessories are inspired by the solar system and crafted from innovative and sustainable materials. We love their comfy clothes but can’t get enough of this Nylon Padded Backpack.
Maisonette offers a wide selection of eco-friendly toys for kids of all ages. We especially love this doll family, this truck set, and this origami kit.
Grove Collaborative carries a carefully curated collection of household and self-care essentials from more than 150 sustainable brands. We’d love to find this Culinary Herb Kit or this Sleep Mask Set under our tree!
Package Free Shop is one of the best places we know to find sustainable alternatives to everyday products. Consider this Meal on the Go Kit or this Metal Compost Bin Bundle for anyone on your list who’s embarking on a zero waste journey.
Izzy Zero Waste Beauty may be our own brand, but this list wouldn’t be complete without highlighting our zero waste luxury beauty products. Our Zero Waste Mascara, Zero Waste Brow Gel, Zero Waste Glossy Lip Butter, and Zero Waste Lip Gloss are 100% reusable, 100% recyclable, 100% CarbonNeutral®, and 100% clean.